Dr. Alan P. Roberts will officially be inaugurated as the sixth president of SUNY Ulster on Friday, October 7, at 1:00 p.m. in Quimby Theater on the Stone Ridge campus. The inauguration ceremony begins with an academic procession that includes faculty and staff, delegates from colleges throughout New York State, and platform party.
Speakers include Timothy J. Sweeney, Chair of the Board of Trustees; Michael P. Hein, Ulster County Executive; Kenneth J. Ronk, Jr., Chair of the Ulster County Legislature; and representatives from the faculty, staff and student body. The keynote address will be given by Dr. Anthony Iacono, President of County College of Morris, with the investiture by Johanna Duncan-Poitier, Senior Vice Chancellor for Community Colleges and the Education Pipeline of the State University of New York. The invocation and benediction will be administered by Reverend James B. Childs, Jr. of The Pointe Church.
The program is free and open to the public, with refreshments following in the Vanderlyn Student Life Dining Hall.
Dr. Roberts has chosen a theme of Growing. Going. Global. It represents his articulation of the College’s aspirations for the future, including a commitment to institutional growth, innovation, and a responsibility to our students and the region to provide the education necessary to succeed in an evolving global economy.
SUNY Ulster has organized a series of public events in addition to the inauguration ceremony itself that include:
* Coffee Hour with Dr. Roberts on Thursday, September 29, 2:00pm in the Student Life Dining Hall.
Have a cup of coffee and share your thoughts and opinions about SUNY Ulster with Dr. Roberts.
* The Howard C. St. John Distinguished Lecture Series featuring Mr. Mike Caslin. ‘Make Meaning. Make Money. Making it Happen in Ulster County and Beyond! will be held onTuesday, Oct. 4, at 7:30 a.m. in the Student Life Dining Hall. Complimentary Breakfast will be served.
Reservations are required, please RSVP at www.sunyulster.edu/stjohnlecture
* Post-Inauguration Reception of Dr. Alan P. Roberts, on Friday, October 7, at 3:00 p.m. in the Student Life Dining Hall.
Reservations required, please RSVP at www.sunyulster.edu/guests by September 30.
* Ulster Community College Foundation Gala, celebrating 40 Years of Philanthropy and Our 6th President Dr. Alan Roberts on Friday, October 7, at 5:30 p.m. at The Chateau, in Kingston, New York. Please RSVP at www.sunyulster.edu/gala by September 30
* Coffee Hour with Dr. Robertsom Monday, October 17, at 4:15 p.m. in the Kingston Center of SUNY Ulster Main Lobby. Dr. Roberts wants to hear from the students at KCSU.