HYDE PARK – Senator Sue Serino (R, C, I—Hyde Park) recently commended an impressive group of local high school students for their academic achievements and their commitment to community leadership. The Senator honored the work of the students by presenting them with NYS Senate Youth Leadership Recognition Awards at a recent reception in her Hyde Park District Office.
“Having the opportunity to recognize amazing groups of young people through our annual Youth Leadership Recognition Award Program is always a highlight for me,” said Senator Sue Serino. “Each of these young leaders has gone above and beyond to play a unique role in their respective schools, distinguishing themselves not only academically, but with their commitment to improving the school community. We are excited to see where the future takes them!”
The students were nominated for the annual awards by members of the community who recognize them as promising young leaders that excel both academically and through their extracurricular and volunteer activities.
* Britney Ellman (Arlington High School)
* Elena Poon (Arlington High School)
* Camille Loussedes (Arlington High School)
* James Wadolowski (Arlington High School)
* Catriona Fee (Haldane High School)
* Ashley Haines (Haldane High School)
* Joseph Richard (Millbrook High School)
* Alexandria Waters (Putnam Valley High School)
* Keiko Waters (Putnam Valley High School)
* Angelina Mannino (Stissing Mountain Jr./Sr. High School