By Pete Colaizzo
WILLIAMSBURG, VA – It was yet another record-breaking weekend for the Marist men’s track team, with several more marks being shattered, at the 56th annual Colonial Relays, held Friday and Saturday at the College of William and Mary.
Glenmour Leonard-Osbourne broke his week-old school record in the 100-meter dash, lowering the mark to 10.50 seconds and once again qualifying for the IC4A Championships, winning the event in windy conditions. Later in the day on Friday, he placed second in the 200-meter dash in 22.11 seconds.
Sprint teammate Jeremy Mooney posted an IC4A qualifying mark in the 100-meter dash, placing 22nd in 11.00 seconds.
In the 10,000-meter run, freshman Gabriel Rodriguez had a stellar debut, qualifying for the IC4A Championships in the event with a time of 30:58.48. The time is the fastest ever run by a true freshman in school history.
The fast running continued on Saturday, with the 4×1500-meter relay team of Brendan Dearie, Aidan Pech, Tyler Perry and Chris Paxis shattering the school record in that event, placing third in 15:55.35, a more than five-second improvement on the previous mark.
Also on Saturday, the sprint medley relay team of Leonard-Osbourne, Mooney, Easton Eberwein and Roshan Kalikasingh placed second in 3:30.67, less than a half-second off the school record in that event.
Other Highlights included:
• Patrick Kutch ran a big personal-best time in the 3,000 steeplechase and James Moehringer ran a season-best time in the 1,500-meter run.
• The Red Foxes placed 10th out of 40 teams in the competition, scoring 32 points.
The track team returns to action next weekend, with partial squads at Vassar (Friday evening) and the Metropolitan Championships in New York City (Saturday).
Friday and Saturday, April 1-2
1-Glenmour Leonard-Osbourne 10.50 *IC4A qualifier, school record
22-Jeremy Mooney 11.00 *IC4A qualifier
65. Dwayne Menders 11.78
2-Glenmour Leonard-Osbourne 21.11
32. Jeremy Mooney 22.51
50. Jared Tomasetti 23.02
41. Easton Eberwein 51.32
46. Reed Dexter 52.17
31. Tyler Perry 1:59.50
49. Aidan Sweeney 2:05.05
1,500-meter run (University)
29. James Moehringer 4:01.31
5,000-meter run (invitational)
18. Ramsey Little 14:45.56
10,000-meter run (invitational)
17. Gabriel Rodriguez 30:58.48 *IC4A qualifier
16. Patrick Kutch 9:40.33
10. Marist (Jared Tomasetti, Dwayne Menders, Reed Dexter, Jon Green) 1:33.86
Sprint medley relay
2. Marist (Glenmour Leonard-Osbourne, Jeremy Mooney, Easton Eberwein, Roshan Kalikasingh) 3:30.67
Distance medley relay
9. Marist (Aidan Sweeney 3:08.81, Roshan Kalikasingh 50.41, Thomas Dinsmore 2:00.52, James Moehringer 4:21.10) 10:21.07
Aidan Sweeney 61, 2:04, 3:08.81
Thomas Dinsmore 57, 2:00.52
James Moehringer 62, 2:27, 3:15, 4:21.10
3. Marist (Brendan Dearie 3:58.46, Aidan Pech 3:57.65, Tyler Perry 3:58.34, Christopher Paxis 4:00.50) 15:55.35 *school record, old record 16:00.59 by Saad Baig, Zachary Ropes, Steven Rizzo, Stefan Morton, 2017
Brendan Dearie 61, 2:05, 3:10, 3:58.46
Aidan Pech 61, 2:06, 3:11, 3:57.65
Tyler Perry 61, 2:06, 3:11, 3:58.34
Christopher Paxis 65, 2:11, 3:15, 4:00.50
Marist, 10 of 40 with 32 points