FERNDALE – Sullivan County’s Office for the Aging and Sullivan 180 are proud to announce the ‘OFA on Wheels!’, a mobile resource for seniors in Sullivan County.
OFA on Wheels! is a Rolling V-owned bus, retrofitted by Sullivan BOCES (through funding from Assemblywoman Aileen Gunther’s Office) with laptops and Internet connection, that will be brought to towns across the County to allow seniors to get help accessing resources and benefits. OFA on Wheels! will be manned by Sullivan 180’s Project Intern and local EMT Samantha Dorn, who will assist individuals in signing up for Office for the Aging services, register for their COVID-19 vaccine if needed, and receive their farmer’s market coupon booklets. Seniors (55+) will also be able to have their blood pressure checked and complete a pre-diabetes assessment if they would like. And every senior who visits the bus will get a free diabetes prevention tote bag full of gifts from our partners.
The bus will be open to all the following Thursdays and Fridays in August and September from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.:
* August 5 & 6, Callicoon Train Depot Parking Lot
* August 12 & 13, Sullivan BOCES Parking Lot, Liberty (across from the Liberty Diner)
* August 19 & 20, Livingston Manor Fire Dept. Parking Lot
* August 26 & 27, Narrowsburg (location to be determined)
* September 2 & 3, Neversink Fire Dept. Parking Lot
* September 9 & 10, Roscoe-Rockland Fire Dept. Parking Lot
* September 16 & 17, Fallsburg Fire Dept. Parking Lot, South Fallsburg
* September 23 & 24, Wurtsboro Fire Dept. Parking Lot (at the new firehouse on the corner of Pine and Canal streets)
Sullivan County Office for the Aging’s mission is to be the lead advocate for the older population of Sullivan County, made possible by the Sullivan County Legislature, NYS Office for the Aging and the Older Americans Act. OFA envisions wellness and independence in aging through adequate and accessible community-based supports. To contact the Sullivan County Office for the Aging, please call 845-794-3000 ext. 0241 or visit their website at www.sullivanny.us/Departments/Aging.