MOUNT KISCO – More than 700 supporters of Northern Westchester Hospital (NWH), part of Northwell Health, gathered on Saturday, November 5, for the hospital’s annual gala at the Ward Pound Ridge Reservation. The event – which honored Scott D. Hayworth, MD, FACOG, and CEO and Market Leader, Optum Tri-State and CEO of CareMount Health Solutions, and former US Rep. Nan Hayworth, MD – raised more than $1.7 million.
A recent gift by the doctors will create the Hayworth Family Maternity Center in the modernized Maternal Child Health Unit at NWH.
“We are extraordinarily grateful to Drs. Scott and Nan Hayworth for their exceptional support,” said Michael Dowling, president and CEO of Northwell Health who introduced the Hayworths at the event. “Their commitment to Northern Westchester Hospital for almost a half-century helped it become a sophisticated, high-quality hospital. Their philanthropic investment will modernize the Maternal Child Health Unit so we can continue to provide high-caliber programs for women and families. They exemplify true leadership and patronage that defines transformation.”
The NWH Gala, which was themed “Transformations,” highlighted the importance of philanthropy and how it’s integral to the hospital’s continued innovative growth and clinical excellence. The event also focused on the hospital’s ability to grow its sophisticated neurosurgery program and the creation of a new internal medicine residency program – just more examples of generous philanthropy from the community.
“The Hayworths are integral members of our community and we are grateful they chose to invest in NWH. Their support helps NWH sustain its reputation of being of a caring and empathetic place and one that is also medically and surgically sophisticated,” said Derek Anderson, executive director at Northern Westchester Hospital. “Philanthropy allows NWH to be at the forefront of technology and provide the best-in-class care to our patients across all clinical services, now and in the future.”
Some of NWH’s accreditations and awards in excellence include the following:
* Ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Regional Hospitals 2022-23, and rated high-performing in 12 categories: heart failure, neurology & neurosurgery, stroke, uterine cancer, lung cancer surgery, pulmonology & lung surgery, pneumonia, COPD, orthopedics, hip fracture, kidney failure, geriatrics
* Joint Commission-accredited for National Quality Approval
* Recognized for excellence with Planetree Person-Centered Care designation
* Magnet-designated hospital for nursing excellence, three times
* Honored with the Gold Plus Award for Stroke Care by the American Heart Association
* Named a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery
* Accredited by the American College of Radiation Oncology
* Recipient of the Emergency Nurses Association Lantern Award for excellence in emergency nursing care
* Accredited by the Food & Drug Administration—Mammography Quality Standards Act